Monday, November 27, 2006

Home again

Well, Carol and I also made it safely home about 5:30 PM yesterday. We really enjoyed the weekend also. As you said, Doug, May went by too fast, and we were all so focused on finally haveing Dad back here. Berta, it was wonderful to bet the opportunity to get to know you better. Sherm, I still owe you a game of Trivial Pursuits. I might be a little beter there than at Monopoly.
By the way, I have to ask. I noticed a lot of whispering and dropped conversations. I guess that was probably about the talk we (you all) had with Dad. Was there anything that wasn't brought up when we all got together with him?? Doug I like your idea about dropping in on him. If one of my Mom's neighbors had done that, maybe we could have found out before she got so bad. I found out later that some of them knew something was wrong, but didn't feel right about letting me know. I am always amazed at how well he gets along. I'm glad that now that he can focus more on his own needs. Sounds like we may need to continue to remind him that he doesn't need to continue to feel responsible for others. Old habits die hard.
We're just relaxing today. I've been hogging the computer all day, (Doug, thanks for the link to the Hag page, and the link to get my g-mail account operational. Haven't done it yet, but I intend to very soon.), but Carol can take over when I go to chorus rehersal tonight. She's been sorting mail and catching us up on other things.
Guess that's 'bout enough for now. I'm hoping this will become an active site. It feels good to be able to talk to everyone at once.

No comments: