Monday, July 9, 2007

More get well wishes for Dad

----- Original Message -----
From: Mary Johnson
To: G. Douglas Clarke
Sent: Monday, July 02, 2007 8:19 PM
Subject: Re: not much to update yet on David Clarke


Hi Doug,

Thanks for letting me know about your dad. My thoughts and prayers are certainly with you, your family, and him. I will pass on some information I found helpful that I heard Dr. Bernie Seigel say one time on a tv program.

"Treat a hospital like a war zone. Never go in unless you have to, and when you do, never go in without an ally, and then get out as quickly as possible."

During my husband's many illnesses, I used that information time and again. You'd be surprised how much better the care if your "ally" is watching to see what is happening. My husband even went so far one time as to leave the hospital "AMA" (against medical advice). He was a heart patient and often refused to follow the surgeon's recommendations. They told him he couldn't live without doing what they were recommending, but he did for a long time anyway. Of course that was after two bypass surgeries. They wanted to put some stents in and he wouldn't let them. It sounds to me like you are your father's best ally. Good for you! Don't abdicate your own best judgment to any professional. You know him much better than they. I pray that you and your family will have the wisdom to be able to discern what is best for your father. Thanks for keeping me informed. We'll be praying for you here in Riverside. :-) Mary Johnson

----- Original Message -----
From: Alphelan2a@aol.com
To: clarkedj@frontiernet.net
Sent: Monday, July 02, 2007 8:44 PM
Subject: Re: David Clarke and the Baggs family


Dear Doug,

I'm very sorry to hear about your father. I hope he gets the strength to have the surgery and then progresses well. Also, thanks for the information - and for whatever additional material you can get. Along with the memories, photographs (of course) would be wonderful.

Do keep in touch and my best wishes for you and your father.

Andrew Phelan


Original Message -----
From: SuemervD@aol.com
To: clarkedj@frontiernet.net
Sent: Monday, July 02, 2007 9:02 PM
Subject: Thinking of your Father


Doug,

We were very sorry to hear about your father's injury. You have our thoughts and prayers. Please tell David we hope he is not too uncomfortable and that he has a full and speedy recovery.

With our love,
Sue and Merv Dickinson


----- Original Message -----
From: Chroniger K & P
To: G. Douglas Clarke
Sent: Tuesday, July 03, 2007 5:59 AM
Subject: Re: not much to update yet on David Clarke


Doug,
Keeping your Dad in prayer saw him yesterday morning stay a while as he faded in and out. Told him I would see him again soon proably Wednesday.

Ken Chroniger-----
R8:28


Original Message -----
From: Klingensmith, Mark
To: G. Douglas Clarke
Sent: Tuesday, July 03, 2007 8:59 AM
Subject: your Dad and family


Doug, We'll be thinking about all of you and hoping your Dad improves and is able to get the help he needs for recovery. I know it helps in many ways to have someone like you watchng over him. Give him a big hand squeeze for us and everybody else an extra hug. Mark, Kasey, Isaac

----- Original Message -----
From: Braack, Craig
To: G. Douglas Clarke
Sent: Tuesday, July 03, 2007 9:13 AM
Subject: RE: not much to update yet on David Clarke


Thanks Doug. I was at Sally's house and heard the call and figured what happened. Our thoughts and prayers are with you. regards, crb.




Hi Pam,
Thanks for your support.
He has made it through the first night without incident, and seems relatively comfortable.
We sent Jeanette and Ian and Carol and Barb home to check on cats and friends and houses and such.
We'll be in touch.
You do the same.
Doug
----- Original Message -----
From: Pam Williams
To: Doug & Janette Clarke
Sent: Friday, July 06, 2007 9:55 PM
Subject: Re: a little update on David Clarke


Doug,

What great news! I’ll pass it along to my mom and dad (if they are not aware yet). We all thank God for His mercy and grace to all of you in this time of uncertainty and keeping watch together. Thanks, Doug, for being our spokesman/our liaison/our bringer of glad tidings!! May He fill you with His strength, peace, and joy in the tender bonds of His love. We are so encouraged by this wonderful report of hope and surgical success. Our prayers continue for all of you who wait so lovingly with him through this amazing ordeal.

God bless! In love and prayers, Pam & Stan


----- Original Message -----
From: Martire, Patricia E
To: G. Douglas Clarke
Sent: Tuesday, July 03, 2007 11:41 AM
Subject: RE: David Clarke


Doug,
I am so sorry about your Dad. I know how hard it is to decide what to do. I went through that with my mom. A person gets to a point where he cant take it anymore. It has to be so difficult to realize that you can no longer do the things you have always been able to do. You get frustrated. I lost my dad over 32 years ago but that doesnt mean I dont miss him any less. You were so blest to have had your dad as long as you can. With this kind of decision, there is no good answer. I wish you all the luck and will be thinking of you all.
Take care. Oh and thanks for the info on the Internet.
Patty

Patty Martire
Alfred University
martirpe@alfred.edu


----- Original Message -----
From: Teresa Johnson
To: clarkedj@frontiernet.net
Sent: Tuesday, July 03, 2007 4:00 PM
Subject: Fwd: Re: David Clarke


Hi,
I wasn't sure if Pastor Joe's email got to you so I am forwarding it. I hope you don't mind!
All praying here in Waterford for David and his situation!
Lots of Love in Christ,
Teresa Johnson

Note: forwarded message attached.

Hello Pastor Joe,
Thanks for the good wishes. I'll share them with him today as he continues to recover.
Doug Clarke
----- Original Message -----
From: JoeJoyS@aol.com
To: tere.johnson@sbcglobal.net
Sent: Tuesday, July 03, 2007 2:32 PM
Subject: Re: David Clarke


Dear Bro. Doug.

Good Day. I regret to learn of the accident of your frather, resultiing in his hospitalization with a broken hip. Please convey to him my personal sympathy as well as that of my family and my church family, the Plainfield SDB Church Tell him we are all prayting for him and shall continue to do so in the future. We pray for a successful and a speedy recovery.

His good friend and brother in Christ,

Joe A. Samuels.

No comments: